My own corner of the web where I can show off the things I do with my nails.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tackling the Untrieds-Black

Howdy,
How is everyone today? It's the first day that feels like fall here, kinda overcast with beautiful swooshy clouds. Of course it's also Balloon Fiesta, wind means no balloons. Happens every year. I want to show you a picture I took the other day of the mass ascension from the west side of the city. I am so lucky to live here, what an amazing sight.



All those dots are hot air balloons! It's incredible when you think about it. I've lived here my whole life so I tend to take it for granted, or complain about all the tourists, but really it is something unlike anything I've ever seen.

On to the polish for today. I decided to start going through my untried polishes in color order. I can't remember what is an old polish and have some one off brands so color it is. I've used OPI Metallic 4 Life from the Nicki Minaj collection. Cool black base with silver glitter. This is three coats. It's a little gloopy honestly. Probably needs some thinner. Not too hard to work with though. For my accent nail I have a franken I made to imitate Butter London's The Black Knight. This is also three coats, and it's not opaque. I'll wear this over black in the future so I don't get tired of painting and leave VNL.

I must say, this was hard to capture. My camera doesn't like to focus on glitter I guess. Here's your shots!









And with flash. You can see the blue glitter in my franken best on this shot.

So, what do you think? Have you frankened before? Are black nails too goth or just another color?

Love,
Tres

No comments:

Post a Comment